Fake News, Misleading News and Detecting Deception Online
Learn to critically evaluate online news stories and identify fake news. Together we will discuss why people believe fake or misleading news, and the motivations behind it. By investigating real life news from a variety of media, you will learn to spot what makes fake news bogus and some news stories misleading.
This workshop is a Webinar and will take place on Adobe Connect.
It is recommended that you download Adobe Connect onto your device ahead of the session (https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/adobe-connect/get-started.html).
These are instructions for testing Adobe Connect ahead of the session:
2. Login as a guest. Simply type your first name into the Name box and click on the “Enter Room” button.
3. Follow the instructions that you will find on the main screen to run the audio set-up wizard. This will allow you to check that you can hear audio from other participants and that they can hear your own audio.
4. If you encounter any problems, please contact us for help within 24 hours of the course start date.
Run the Adobe Connect Diagnostic Test by clicking on the following link:
• The test should take less than 1 minute to run
• If everything is OK, you should receive 4 ticks on the screen
• If there are any issues with your set up, you will be prompted/instructed to take appropriate action to rectify the problem
• You should then run the test again
• If you continue to have problems, please email us for help
It is important that we sort out any issues before the event so that you can participate fully using Adobe Connect. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you are having any problems at Library@mmu.ac.uk.
- Tuesday, 6th October 2020
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
More events like this...
Time Zone: UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)