Using EndNote to manage your references Online
EndNote is software which helps you to collect and organise your references as you research. It can also take the pain out of referencing by working in Word to automatically insert citations and create a reference list as you write. EndNote provides a range of referencing styles, including MMU Harvard
IMPORTANT Before attending the workshop please do the following: Download and install desktop EndNote on your own computer and add MMU Harvard referencing style.
To install the software
- Access IT Software Download Centre https://www.mmu.ac.uk/about-us/professional-services/isds/software
- Here you will find instructions for installing the software in your own device alongside the relevant product key
- Once you have installed the software, you will need to add the MMU Harvard referencing style
- Open Desktop EndNote
- Go to the library’s EndNote guide https://www.mmu.ac.uk/library/referencing-and-study-support/endnote
- Click on MMU Harvard style -EndNote Desktop and download.
- Next click Open. A new screen will open labelled MMU Harvard copy.
- Now click File and Save As. A box will appear, delete the word copy. Click Save.
- The MMU Harvard style will be added to Desktop EndNote and be available to use in Word.
Please note that if you have been provided with an MMU laptop you will need to add EndNote from IT Software Center on your computer. Type software into the search box in the bottom left and click on Software Center from the menu above. EndNote 20 should be showing in the Applications Tab as available to install. Click Install.
Further information on the software can be found on the library’s EndNote guide https://www.mmu.ac.uk/library/referencing-and-study-support/endnote
This workshop will take place on Microsoft Teams.
You can find out more information about using Teams, including how to install it on your personal device, on our Teams support page.
The booking window for this event will close 1 hour before the start time.
You will be emailed the link to join the workshop in your confirmation email.
Please send us an email if you have any problems booking.
Related LibGuide: EndNote by EndNote Team
- Wednesday, 1st February 2023
- 10:00am - 11:30am
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
More events like this...
Time Zone: UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)