Uncovering hidden connections: exploring Cited Reference Searching and research influence Online
This workshop will take place on Microsoft Teams.
This session is aimed at postgraduate researchers and academic staff. Cited reference searching is a technique that will help you to:
- Find additional relevant research
- Develop an understanding of how a piece of research has been received by the scholarly community
- Get an idea of the extent of a piece of research’s influence
Cited reference searching differs from a keyword search as it allows you to find articles that have quoted a given article in their bibliography. A citation search takes you forward in time, by identifying more recent articles that cite an article of interest to you. This hands-on workshop will take you through the process of carrying out a cited reference search on appropriate databases.
You can find out more information about using Teams, including how to install it on your personal device, on our Teams support page.
Details of all of our workshops can be found on our InfoSkills workshops page.
The booking window for this event will close 1 hour before the start time.
You will be emailed the link to join the workshop in your confirmation email.
Please send us an email if you have any problems booking.
- Wednesday, 29th November 2023
- 2:00pm - 3:30pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
More events like this...
Time Zone: UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)